I have a couple words....

stop being gloomy and start being happy, doc.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Cookin' in da Cuse...

or at least, cookin' in da Syracuse Test Kitchen. And yes, I went there.* Literally, I Pulled into Syracuse** to the Syracuse Test Kitchen and took a cooking class. Not just any cooking class but a class from Julie Tabouli (aka Julie Ann Sageer) who makes incredible Lebanese cuisine. Her mother, Hind, showed me some exciting knife skills while we make fresh, delicious tabouli, kibbeh, hummus, babaganoush, toum (garlic emulsion), and fresh falafel. It was exquisite. I'm also happy to report that the Syracuse Test Kitchen is hot. Not temperature-wise either. Hot like an amazing place to cook with all sorts of neato equipment (like the oven that heats in seconds). Hot like your mom, even. Hot. I will be going back and for $15/students, $20/mere mortals...it was equivalent in price to eating out and and twice as fulfilling a culinary experience.

*If you haven't checked out the actual blog Cookin' in da Cuse, what on this green, tender, and chewy earth are you waiting for?

**Ditto for Pulled into Syracuse, for the less hands-on, more eat-out crowd.

No comments: